Compton and Powers Seize Victory at Day One of The Exergy US Gran Prix of Cyclocross p/b Greenware - Derby City Cup presented by Papa John's
(November 12, 2011) Louisville, KY. Huge pro fields descended on Louisville today for Day One of the Exergy USGP of Cyclocross p/b Greenware® - Derby CIty Cup for a thrilling day of top level racing.
In the women's race Katie Compton stormed away from the field to win by a comfortable margin- showing emerging form before returning to racing in Europe. Behind her USGP Series leader Katerina Nash traded blows with French National Champion Caroline Mani until a late race crash took Mani out of contention for the podium. 19 year old Kaitlin Antonneau stormed after Nash giving furious chase and earned herself the third a final spot on the Elite Women's podium. Nicole Duke continued to dominate in the AVID Shorty Ultimate Holeshot competition once again taking home the prize for the first rider through turn one.
The men's race was equally thrilling with Ryan Trebon and Jeremy Powers establishing a gap over the rest of the field very early into the contest. The two traded blows the entire race while behind them a resurgent Tim Johnson gave chase to finish a strong third - his first podium finish at the USGP in 2011. Geoff Kabush launched himself out of the charging chase group to finish fourth while Danny Summerhill rounded out the top five. Belgian Ben Berden claimed the Avid Shorty Ulitmate Holeshot.
The Exergy US Gran Prix of Cyclocross presented by Greenware® resumes on December 10th and 11th in Bend with the Deschutes Brewery Cup when racing returns to Bend, OR for the final weekend of USGP action.
- Katie Compton, RaboBank/ Giant
- Katerina Nash, LUNA
- Kaitlin Antonneau, Cannondale p/b CyclocrossWorld.com
- Caroline Mani,
- Chloe Forsman, Crankbrothers Race Club 11
- Laura Van Guilder, C3 p/b Mellow Mushroom
- Meredith Miller, Cal Giant Cycling
- Nicole Duke, Cannondale p/b CyclocrossWorld.com
- Mical Dyck, Pro City Racing
- Andrea Smith, Ladies First Racing
AVID Shorty Ultimate Holeshot: Nicole Duke
- Jeremy Powers, Rapha/Focus
- Ryan Trebon, LTS Racing
- Tim Johnson/ Cannondale p/b CyclocrossWorld.com
- Geoff Kabush, Team Maxxis / Rocky Mountain
- Danny Summerhill, Chipotle Development Team
- Jamey Driscoll, Cannondale p/b CyclocrossWorld.com
- Troy Wells, Team CLIF Bar
- Christopher Jones, Rapha/FOCUS
- Zach McDonald, Rapha/ FOCUS
- Tristan Schouten,
AVID Shorty Ultimate Holeshot: Ben Berden
Nothing is more fun than Cyclocross and now you can own the Series Poster for the Trek U.S. Gran Prix of Cyclocross. The poster was designed by Michael Valenti and is available in two sizes 24″x36″ and 18″x24″. These are high quality Giclée prints using archival inks on watercolor paper, ready for framing.
CLick on the image below to buy yours now